Sunday, May 19, 2019

Medium App Review

Do the Medium app Curators Dismiss Writers based on Payments?

I started using Medium as an outlet for my desire to write. At first I found the app to be amazing and useful. I was posting freshly written thoughts and articles freely without looking deeply into the app. I joined Medium because of a article I read written by Gabrielle Blair, that was nothing short of a sexist's attack on men.

So I wrote a rebuttal and expected shared acceptance by the curators, based simply on the idea that there are always opposing views on a subject and perhaps my rebuttal would be treated the same way as her one sided dramatically written article.

After posting a few short “stories” as they call them afterwards, I checked the stats on my posted work and found I didn’t get any exposure whatsoever. The curators of Medium dismissed my work, and I wondered why so I wrote them that very question.

All I received in return was a generic reply about how they carefully curated articles and that if not categorized, keep writing.

Then I started looking over the carefully curated articles that they push on their homepage and under topics. Most of the writers are members, meaning that they paid Medium to be a member, not just signed up like myself and thousands of others.

I’ve read many articles that members have had curated for viewing and most were very poorly written. Some were blatant hyperbole attempts at spurring reactions and thus dragging people onto Medium to reply to such insanities.

Drama gets attention, like stupidity normally does.

While mine have been dismissed by Medium’s curatorial staff, I thought perhaps I should share them here just to see what people think.

This first one was completely dismissed by Medium.

“My Red Tide Theory Might Solve Florida’s Biggest Environmental Issue.” by Jeffrey A Kaufman.

https://link.medium.com/n79DPe5ROW

These following articles were also skipped over.

“Trump’s war on Intellectualism starts with Fear.” by Jeffrey A Kaufman https://link.medium.com/k6tV69IGCW

“No News is good News.” by Jeffrey A Kaufman https://link.medium.com/50Z578qrDW

This next one was a rebuttal to Gabrielle Blair.

“Don’t Blame Men without Including Women.” by Jeffrey A Kaufman https://link.medium.com/2V29kZfXBW

I thought it was a well worth reading article, but apparently it wasn’t. This next one I thought for sure they would publicize. Nope. Not Medium.

“Picking the Right Rescue Dog for the Family Using The Ball Test.” by Jeffrey A Kaufman https://link.medium.com/XCiW5MLlKW
Dismissed.

Why? I think because I didn’t toss them 5$. Check out Medium for yourself… see why you shouldn’t waste your talent with Medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment